Did you make a promise to your small business?
“If you can dream it, you can achieve it!!”
Isn’t that a wonderful thought? Well, I don’t mean to burst your bubble, but it’s not exactly true … sorry.
What’s more, remember the promise of that movie – “if you build it, they will come”? That’s not exactly true, either. Marketers will tell you it is a flat-out UNTRUTH. In order for them to come, they need to know you’re there – and that takes marketing. Isn’t that especially true in business?
But back to those lofty dreams…
Dreams are free. However, according to John Maxwell, the journey to fulfill them isn’t. You have to work for your dream. That’s why the above statement isn’t completely honest and true.
Besides having the dream, you have to fill it with promise. You do that by making a commitment. That’s the only way your dreams become real – when you are dedicated and committed to them.
How can you make your dream a promise with commitment?
- Make your dream the focus of your attention and efforts.
- Gather significant people who have the same values, ideals and desire to see the dream come true.
- Make a plan. Now, I know plans are flexible when you are on a journey to making a dream become your reality, but you have to have an idea of the path you are taking.
- Learn from winners who have experience and knowledge that will help you move forward – and keep moving forward.
- Invest in growing yourself. Your dreams are a reflection of you. Become the best you can be and watch how high your dreams fly.
From my years coaching and working with small business people, I want you to know one very important fact, which is reflected in the list above. That is the fact that you cannot do it alone. No one does. In fact, some of the greatest corporate marketplace leaders such as IBM, Microsoft, Apple, Coke and others have collaborated and partnered with others, including their competitors to build their brands, products, and companies. Their leaders know that there is great strength and opportunity in relationships with others.
A real testament to this idea is the value and longevity of Mastermind Groups. Just about every leader and high achiever is in some way involved in a Mastermind Group – and has been for years. Lone wolves usually end up that way – alone. If you’re interested in finding out more about Masterminds, or joining one, contact me to talk.
If you have a dream and want to make it real – make the commitment and do the real work, with others around you.
To your success!